Bursting with flavor and spice, our homemade Salsa Verde is the perfect recipe to whip up as a snack or appetizer! Serve to others or store in the fridge to chill and eat all week.
lime juice: 1/2 tablespoon
chopped white onion: 1/4 cup
cilantro : Small handful
salt: 1/4 teaspoon
1. Preheat the broiler with a rack about 6 inches below the heat sources. Place the tomatillos and jalapeño on a baking sheet and broil until they're blackened, about 5 minutes.
2. Remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip over the tomatillos + jalapeño with tongs, and broil for about 5 more minutes until the tomatillos + jalapeño are splotchy-black and blistered. Once this happens, remove from oven to cool down.
3. Meanwhile, add the lime juice, onion, cilantro, and salt to the Blending Vessel and pulse to chop.
4. After the tomatillos + jalapeño have cooled (note: as long as they are not steaming/piping hot, they are fine), add them + the 1/2 jalapeño to the Blending Vessel. Pulse until the mixture is mostly smooth and no big chunks remain.
5. Season to taste with salt and additional lime juice.
6. Grab your favorite chips and/or veggies and enjoy!